- Incheon Metropolitan City (인천광역시; Incheon-si)
- 1,063 km² (411 sq mi)
- 2,936,214 people (3rd of 162)
- 2,762 folks per km² (7,152 per sq mi)
Incheon is part of the Seoul Capital Area (수도권). Along with Seoul and Gyeonggi Province, this conglomeration of around twenty-six million souls forms the world’s fourth largest metropolitan area by population and accounts for 65% of South Korea’s total population.
Some view Incheon as another one of Seoul’s commuter towns. However, the city claims its own unique identify and a few major economic engines, including:
- Incheon International Airport — Korea’s largest airport.
- Incheon Port — Korea’s second largest port.
- Incheon Free Economic Zone — Korea’s first international business friendly districts.
Let’s take a deep dip.
Touring Membership — 1-year
Grand Slam Membership — Lifetime