Seoul Special City (서울특별시; Seoul-si) is the gravitational center of Korea. Like London to the U.K., Paris to France, everything flows to and from the megacity.
- Seoul Metropolitan City (서울특별시; Seoul-si)
- 605 km² (234 sq mi)
- 9,588,711 people (1st of 162)
- 15,843 folks per km² (41,035 per sq mi)
- is the capital of South Korea.
- is Korea’s most populous city.
- claims the headquarters of most Korean corporations.
- houses the biggest K-Pop labels.
- boasts the most awe-inspiring cultural relics.
Though it hasn’t always been the capital, Seoul’s history also summarizes Korea through time. Let’s take a tour of Korea’s densest city.
Become a member or login to your account to read more!
Become a Korea by Bike member and get exclusive and ad-free content.
- Touring Membership ($6) — one-year subscription to all content on Korea by Bike.
- Grand Slam Membership ($25) — lifetime access to all content on Korea by Bike.
Thanks for your support! Subscribe for updates.
Touring Membership — 1-year
Grand Slam Membership — Lifetime